Welcome to Eat Move Make! My name is Love Bear and I am here to share with you my lifestyle of eating, moving and making. I hope that you find some inspiration in this blog and in the Love Bear Love Podcast.
Food is the ultimate source of fuel for our bodies. It’s what gives us the energy to get up and move, and it’s also what helps us to repair and build muscle. Eating a healthy diet is essential for maintaining a healthy weight, improving our moods, and reducing our risk of developing chronic diseases.
Food is also a great way to show our love for others. Cooking for someone we care about is a gesture of love and appreciation, and sharing a meal together can be a bonding experience. Food can also be used as a tool to celebrate special occasions or show gratitude.
There are many reasons to love food. It nourishes our bodies, brings people together, and can be a source of pleasure. But for some people, food is also a source of anxiety and stress.
If you’re someone who loves food, but sometimes feels like you have to “watch what you eat,” here are some tips to help you enjoy your meals without feeling guilty:
1. Don’t deprive yourself. If you’re craving a particular food, allow yourself to have it. Deprivation only leads to feelings of deprivation!
2. Balance your meals. Make sure you’re including a variety of healthy foods at each meal, so you don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything.
3. Be mindful of portion sizes. It’s okay to indulge occasionally, but be aware of how much you’re eating. A good rule of thumb is to fill half your plate with vegetables or fruits, and the other half with protein and grains.
4. Enjoy your food! savor each bite, and take the time to really taste everything you’re eating. When we’re rushed, we tend to eat without really tasting our food, which can lead to overeating later on.
5. Don’t feel guilty about enjoying food! Food is meant to be enjoyed, so don’t let anyone make you feel bad about it!
What is the Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carbohydrate diet that helps to promote weight loss and improve overall health. When following a ketogenic diet, the body enters a state of ketosis, which is when the body begins to burn fat for energy, instead of glucose. This process can help to promote weight loss, as well as provide numerous other health benefits.
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that has been used for centuries to treat epilepsy. The ketogenic diet is thought to work by reducing seizures by changing the way the body uses energy. When carbohydrate intake is reduced, the body breaks down stored fat to produce ketones, which can be used by the brain as an alternative source of energy.
There are many different types of ketogenic diets, and each one is tailored to the specific needs of the individual. However, all ketogenic diets have one thing in common: they require strict adherence to a very specific ratio of fat to carbohydrates to protein.
The Pros and Cons of a Ketogenic Diet
There are a lot of conflicting opinions out there about the ketogenic diet. Some people swear by it, while others say it’s not for them. So, what are the pros and cons of a ketogenic diet?
Let’s start with the pros. A ketogenic diet can be very effective for weight loss. When you cut out carbs, your body is forced to burn fat for energy, which can lead to weight loss. Additionally, a ketogenic diet can help improve mental clarity and focus, as well as increase energy levels.
Now let’s look at the cons. A ketogenic diet can be difficult to stick to long-term and may cause some unwanted side effects like headaches, fatigue, and constipation. Additionally, if you have any existing health conditions, it’s important to speak with your doctor before starting a ketogenic diet, as it may not be appropriate for you.
So there you have it – the pros and cons of a ketogenic diet. As with anything else, it’s important to do your research and find what works best for you.
Food to Eat on a Keto Diet
If you’re new to the keto diet, it can be hard to know what to eat. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Here are some of the best food to eat on a keto diet:
1. Meat and poultry. Meat and poultry are great sources of protein and fat, making them perfect for a keto diet. Choose grass-fed and organic meat whenever possible.
2. Fish and seafood. Fish and seafood are also great sources of protein and healthy fats. Wild-caught fish is best, but farm-raised fish is also a good option.
3. Eggs. Eggs are another excellent source of protein and fat, and they’re also very versatile. You can eat them scrambled, poached, or in an omelet – the possibilities are endless!
4. Full-fat dairy products. Dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese are rich in both protein and fat – perfect for a keto diet! Just be sure to choose full-fat varieties, as they’re much higher in fat than their low-fat counterparts.
5. Nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds make a great snack on the go, or you can use them to add extra flavor and texture to meals like salads or stir-fries. Just be careful not to overdo it, as they’re high in calories and easy to ove
There are a lot of delicious and healthy recipes out there that can help you stick to your fitness and weight loss goals. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Breakfast: Overnight oats with chia seeds, almond milk, and fresh fruit.
2. Lunch: Quinoa salad with grilled chicken, avocado, and cherry tomatoes.
3. Dinner: Salmon with roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato wedges.
4. Snacks: Greek yogurt with berries, veggie sticks with hummus, or a hard-boiled egg.
5. Dessert: Dark chocolate almond bark or frozen banana bites dipped in dark chocolate sauce.
If you’re looking for some delicious and healthy recipes, look no further than our Eat Move Make blog. We’ve got recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that will help you stay on track with your healthy eating goals. And because we know that food is just one part of a healthy lifestyle, we’ve also got recipes for fitness and travel. So whether you’re looking to make a healthy meal or get in shape for your next vacation, we’ve got you covered.
Alternatives to the Ketogenic Diet
There are a number of alternative diets to the ketogenic diet, each with their own potential benefits and drawbacks. The Atkins diet, for example, is a low-carbohydrate diet that has been shown to be effective for weight loss and diabetes management. However, the Atkins diet is also high in saturated fat and cholesterol, which can increase the risk for heart disease.
The Paleolithic (or “Paleo”) diet is another popular alternative to the ketogenic diet. The Paleo diet focuses on consuming foods that were available during the Paleolithic era (approximately 2.5 million to 10,000 years ago), such as lean meats, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. This diet has been shown to be effective for weight loss and blood sugar control. However, the Paleo diet is often criticized for being too restrictive and difficult to follow long-term.
The Mediterranean diet is another alternative to the ketogenic diet that has received a lot of attention in recent years. The Mediterranean diet focuses on consuming healthy fats (such as olive oil), seafood, fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. This diet has been shown to improve heart health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes and cancer.
There are a number of alternative diets to the ketogenic diet that have been shown to be effective for weight loss, including the paleolithic diet, the Atkins diet, and the South Beach diet. Each of these diets has its own specific guidelines, but they all share a common goal of helping you lose weight by reducing your carbohydrate intake.
The Love Bear Love website is a great resource for those looking to improve their health and wellbeing. It covers everything from healthy eating and exercise, to travel and lifestyle tips. Whether you’re looking to make a few small changes in your life or completely transform the way you live, Love Bear Love is a great place to start. Thanks for reading!
If you’re looking for a one-stop shop for all things food, fitness, and travel, then look no further than Love Bear Love. We cover everything from recipes and workout tips to the best places to travel and how to make the most of your trip. We also believe that food should be enjoyed, not just tolerated, which is why we include a wide variety of cuisines and dietary needs in our content. Whether you’re looking to try a new dish or get fit for your next vacation, we’ve got you covered. So what are you waiting for? Come on over and join the fun!