Most of us like to buy things that will make life easier for us, and we all might have dreamed about owning a yacht at some point in our lives. This article explores the world’s largest yacht – Wajer 38 – and its creator, New York-based businessman David Geffen.
The Wajer is the world’s largest yacht you can buy. With a length of 183 meters and a beam of 38 meters, this luxury vessel can accommodate up to 40 guests. The ship was designed by naval architects and built in Germany in 2007. It is powered by two Caterpillar engines that produce a total of 8,000 horsepower. The Wajer has a cruising speed of 22 knots and a range of 5,000 nautical miles.
‘Wajer 38’: The World’s Largest Yacht You Can Buy
When it comes to mega yachts, few can touch ‘Wajer 38’. Built for a single owner and boasting an incredible 38 meters (125 feet) in length and 12 meters (39 feet) in width, this staggering vessel is simply unprecedented. Capable of carrying up to 24 guests and accommodating up to 10 crew members, ‘Wajer 38’ is perfect for luxury vacations or private events. With its impressive size and luxurious features, there’s no doubt that this yacht is a true icon of the superyacht industry.
A Brief Look at the History of the Super Yacht
The super yacht industry has seen a rapid growth over the last few years, with prices for luxury yachts increasing significantly. The market is currently booming and there are now many options available to buyers.
Super yachts date back to the 1920s and 1930s, when they were mainly used by wealthy individuals. However, the market for Super Yachts really took off in the 1990s, when a number of newbuilds were launched. At this time, there was a lot of speculation in the market and prices for yachts reached unprecedented levels.
Since then, there has been a gradual decline in prices and Super Yacht sales have stabilized at around €1 billion per year. This is mainly due to supply and demand factors – there are simply not as many newbuilds being launched as there were 20 years ago, which means that the market is becoming more selective.
There are a number of reasons why Super Yachts are so popular. They offer unique experiences that go beyond what can be achieved on a normal yacht. They can accommodate up to 30 people and provide all the amenities that you would expect from a five-star hotel.
Some of the most popular Super Yachts include ‘Wajer’ (pictured above), which was built in 2007 and measures 183 meters long and 40 meters wide – making it one of the world’s largest yachts available for sale. There are also a number of smaller supery
Design and Technology
The world’s largest yacht you can buy is named ‘Wajer’ and it is owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan. The yacht measures 377 feet in length, with a beam of 79 feet and a draught of 32 feet. With a capacity of up to 12 guests, the yacht can accommodate up to 8 crew members. The yacht was built by German shipbuilder Lurssen in 2002 and has since then enjoyed numerous personal appearances by Sheikh Mansour.
The First Private Owner of a Wajer 38
The Wajer 38 is the world’s largest yacht you can buy. She was originally built for Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai. The yacht’s name means “wind” in Arabic, and she has a range of over 10,000 nautical miles. The Wajer 38 can accommodate up to 50 guests and has a crew of 25. She also has a helipad and a swimming pool on deck.
Top 10 Facts about Wajer 38
1. Designed by naval architects Pieter De Vries and Michiel de Wit, the Wajer 38 is the largest yacht you can buy. At a staggering 188 feet long and with a beam of 48 feet, she’s also one of the most luxurious vessels on the market.
2. The yacht can accommodate up to 12 guests in eight bedrooms, as well as an expansive spa and salon area. There’s even a cinema and gym on board, making her perfect for luxury vacations or family holidays.
3. One of the Wajer 38’s primary attractions is her staggering price tag: she costs a whopping $270 million dollars to buy outright, or you can opt for a more affordable option by leasing her for a period of 10 years.
4. She was built in 2003 at Dutch shipbuilding company Euromar Shipyards and has since made several appearances at prestigious events like the Monaco Grand Prix and the Miami International Boat Show.
5. If you’re looking for something truly unique and awe-inspiring to call your own, then look no further than the Wajer 38 – she’s guaranteed to give your sailing dreams a whole new level of reality!
Expenses for Wajer 38 Ownership
The Wajer 38 is the world’s largest yacht you can buy. The yacht is designed by naval architects and has a displacement of 382 metric tons and a length of 88 meters. The yacht was made to be comfortable for up to 12 people, has three decks, and is able to reach speeds of over 30 knots. Owners can customize their yacht with different features, such as a cinema or gym, and there are also numerous amenities available on board such as a salon, library, and spa.